Utilizing Websites, Blogs and Social Media can be the fastest, most efficient way to get your event information out to friends, family and community. We’ve created some suggested checklists below to help maximize your online efforts.
- Add your event to your website event page &/or write a blog post about it. Please be sure to include links back to our events page or home page so your visitors can find even more info. We’ve provided two easy options below for you to copy/paste as needed.
- Suggestion A: To find other events near you, please visit the Great Maine Outdoor Weekend Website.
- Suggestion B: To learn more, visit GreatMaineOutdoorWeekend.com.
- “Like” our Facebook page.
- Share our page with friends, family, and your community.
- Create a Facebook Event, and invite friends, family, and other community members.
- Share event updates, photos, and other related information on the Great Maine Outdoor Weekend’s Facebook page in addition to your own! We want our page to be a community effort and your contributions are welcome.
- TAG PHOTOS WITH “#GMOW”
- Follow @MEOutdoor
- Tweet about your event
- Share event updates and other relevant info
- Include the hashtag #GMOW on tweets
- Visit our YouTube channel for helpful & fun video resources.
- Subscribe if you’re interested in keeping up with new resources as we add them.
DURING YOUR EVENT
- Take photos/video of event and post on Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook.
- Tweet and post interesting factoids and goings on at the event.
- Engage with spectators and event participants.
- Encourage participants to share photos & videos to their social profiles as well
- Use hashtag #GMOW
AFTER YOUR EVENT
- Create a wrap-up news piece covering event results, reflections, experiences and post on blog.
- Encourage those who came to your event to post photos to the Great Maine Outdoor Weekend Facebook and your social media sites.
- Follow-up and thank those who followed on Facebook, Twitter, commented on blog.
- Ask questions on social media to prompt feedback and engagement.